Replacing Windows in MH vs having shades/awnings installed over same windows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SissyBoyFloyd

One of the must have items I always look to see if a used MH has when in the market to buy is if you can open the windows when its raining and get lots of fresh air.  Majority of used MHs don't have the kind of windows that open/swing out to prevent rain coming in.  I can't think of the name of those.  So, can anyone share the approximate cost with us of changing out 2 or 3 of the main windows to simply adding window awnings to each.

Depends on the size of your windows. A small window about 24 inches may be as little as 100 bucks.  A 48" window may be as much as 300 bucks. The hardware roller, and stand off brackets are sold by width and length then you pay for fabric. Dometic and Carefree seem to be the big dogs in this area. 

Camping world can tell you exactly, they used to have a build your own awning app on their site.

We had jalousie windows in our very first motorhome and liked them when we traveled in rainy areas.  You seldom see them these days.  In fact many new motorhomes have windows that barely open but look sleek so they've chosen form over function.  I wouldn't want one.  We have sliding windows and they're good with awnings as long as it's not a driving rain from the side, but even jalousies might not work as well in that circumstance.  The window awnings also help with the sun beating in on you, fabrics and wood.  We knew a couple who had a rear bathroom window and even had a rear window awning.  We use our awnings a lot for sun glare, heat, rain.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom