Goodyear Endurance tires any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skeeter_ca

I am down to the wire and trying to find some good replacement tires for my 5th wheel. Not wanting chinese bombs so looking at Goodyear and Carlisle tires. The Endurance seems like a good tire. Anybody have any first hand experience with them?

skeeter

I have always replaced all trailer tires with LT, Lite Truck tires. You will find that you will not have the problems with them that you have with trailer tires. Be sure you get a tire that is rated for the load you are carrying. The tire place can help you with that.

I just put Endurances on my toy hauler when I had a blowout away from home. So far, I like them. Higher speed rating (though I don't go over 65) and higher load rating. Higher pressure, too: 80psi written in huge letters on the sidewall.

Hello folks,

I'm keeping an eye on the Endurances too, and  just stumbled upon this article. Mostly manufacturer's talk, but you might find interesting:

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/10/buzz-goodyear-gaining-traction-with-endurance/

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

In my opinion, it's too early to tell.....they haven't stood the test of time.  They've been on the market less than a year, and they may turn out to be great tires....or they could be junk...it's just too early to tell.

I replaced all four of the China bombs on my brand new Toy Hauler as soon as I got it home from the dealership with a known quality ST tire, the Maxxis 8008.

Goodyear in general makes very good tires. Had the Endurance been available when we replaced our fiver tires I might have tried them. As it was, after a lot of research we went with the Goodyear G614 RST tires, these are G rated and 110 psi inflation pressure. So far they have been awesome. We have probably been to South Dakota (from Kentucky) about 6 times and several other trips. Probably about 20,000 miles on them and they aren?t even starting to show any wear. Going across those interstates in the west during August is a lot to ask of any tires and we always see plenty of RV?ers on the side of the road changing flats that time of year. I always check my tires temperatures when I stop and I?m impressed with how cool they run. I retired from Michelin and they make very good tires too, but they didn?t offer an equivalent tire in my opinion, so I went with Goodyear. They also have a good reputation for standing behind their products.

Getting ready to find out.  Just put four ST205-75/R14 on my travel trailer.  They are rated a load range D instead of the normal C rating for this size.  My experience with your other brand has been so, so.  Only used on boat trailers.  Some were great, some junk.

Well, i did get the Endurance tires for my 5'er. We have been on a few weekend trips, a 400 mile trip to Yosemite and a 4000mile trip to Oklahoma and back. And i must say that i did not have a lick of problems with the tires. Air pressure held up well. Tire temps stayed about 110-120 degrees. Only had to add air once and that was only about 5psi all the way around. I am very happy with them and confidant they will be reliable. Now i am just wondering how long they will last. So far we have been about 6000 miles and the tread still looks good.

skeeter

Hi Skeeter,

skeeter_ca said:
Well, i did get the Endurance tires for my 5'er. We have been on a few weekend trips, a 400 mile trip to Yosemite and a 4000mile trip to Oklahoma and back. And i must say that i did not have a lick of problems with the tires. Air pressure held up well. Tire temps stayed about 110-120 degrees. Only had to add air once and that was only about 5psi all the way around. I am very happy with them and confidant they will be reliable. Now i am just wondering how long they will last. So far we have been about 6000 miles and the tread still looks good.

Congratulations on your success with the new tires, and thanks for your report. If you can, please come back to this topic and update us with your continued impressions -- hopefully all will be positive, but if you have any problems, I will be interested to hear about it (and surely the other folks who are being notified on the topic too).

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Have put on about 3000 miles on the endurance. Everything looks good so far. Bought a new 5th wheel in August and the had the tow max. So i thought i would give these a try. If i have any problems, i will post. 

After 9,000 miles on my OEM Westlake ST 15" tires I just had Discount Tire replace with Goodyear Endurance 15" D rated tires. Although the Westlake were fine I thought it time to change them. While the tread look great, when Discount was pulling the Westlakes off I thought I saw a slight bulge on the inside of one of the tires. That confirmed to me the expense and change. Discount in my neck of the woods says they cannot keep the GoodYears in stock.

Randy328 said:
I just put Endurances on my toy hauler when I had a blowout away from home. So far, I like them. Higher speed rating (though I don't go over 65) and higher load rating. Higher pressure, too: 80psi written in huge letters on the sidewall.
That's certainly a first!  Don't know how many times I've had to get hunker down there on the mud to read a mystery message the size of two ants:  " $@# psi".  I finally took to scrawling it big where I can see it.  I'm not smart, but I'm beautiful.

I just put a set of ST235/80R/16 on my fiver as well. Been on about a month so still too early to tell. I do like the higher speed rating (87 MPH) not that I will be going that fast but it is nice to have the "cushion". I am assuming that higher speed rating means better quality? Time will tell.......

Randy328 said:

As they should, they always say how important tire pressure is yet it was in such fine print you had to get on your hands and knees to see it. Huge print finally?  Brilliant. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom