Singles Over 55 RV Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

Just when you think you've seen it all...

Has anyone been to the Singles Over 55 RV Park in Bushnell, Florida?

Florilow Oaks
http://florilow.com/about.asp

Their Passport America rate is only $10-13 per night.  :eek:
http://www.passportamerica.com/campgrounds/fl/florilowoaks3155

Yeah, not a fan. Looking for the nudist under 25 park.....oh wait, they wouldn't let me in.

Given that the park is owned by members of the "Loner On Wheels" RV club, it shouldn't be any surprise that it's restricted to singles. We've driven by the park while staying at the nearby Escapees club owned Sumter Oaks RV Park, and it appears to be an ok enough park. The sites were a little closer to each other than we prefer though. By the way, Sumter Oaks is only about $11.50/night at the monthly rate for members, plus electric. And that rate stays the same year round...

DearMissMermaid said:
You been there?

Tons of nude RV parks out there by the way, but first time I have seen one that was singles and not nude.

No, not been there. I'm not single. I guess you would have to prove you're single. Take a test or something. Kidding about the nude RV park. I don't want to see myself naked much less anyone else seeing me that way.

Yeah, i guess I just can't wrap my head around that concept....but then again I don't qualify on two accounts....although I'm not missing the age thing by much so thats almost not a factor....
I guess I can understand the over 55 age thing maybe, but the single restriction..... what's the point of that?

blw2 said:
Yeah, i guess I just can't wrap my head around that concept....but then again I don't qualify on two accounts....although I'm not missing the age thing by much so thats almost not a factor....
I guess I can understand the over 55 age thing maybe, but the single restriction..... what's the point of that?

I think the reason behind singles only is so single folks can meet other single folks. Especially nice since they already be the RV thing in common.

Especially nice since they already be the RV thing in common.

It would make for an interesting courtship if long term,  permanent was the goal: Follow each other around the country long enough to get to know each other, or skip the courtship and go directly to cohabitation.

blw2 said:

The park is owned by members of an RV club that provides support and camaraderie to single RV'ers. The singles restriction  means the guests can expect the other guests to have a common interest just by the fact they are there. To be clear, Loners On Wheels is NOT a dating or matchmaking  club, although I suspect romantic matches do sometimes occur, just as they do in any other group of people, regardless of the common interest that draws them together. Heck, two very good formerly single friends of ours first met at a PTA function they were attending with their grandchildren.

http://lonersonwheels.com/index.html

I suppose that makes sense.  Not different really than going to a singles bar I guess.
The average park might only have a small number of singles at any given time, if any, while at this place you'd be guaranteed to meet a bunch of potentials

cadee2c said:
From their website.....
All our rental sites are full hook-up sites.

Just gave that phrase a new meaning.  ;D

LOL

It seems like a very limited group that qualifies.
But i guess it could eliminate awkward moments like where is your DW/DH?

blw2 said:
I suppose that makes sense.  Not different really than going to a singles bar I guess.
The average park might only have a small number of singles at any given time, if any, while at this place you'd be guaranteed to meet a bunch of potentials

Why the assumption that all singles are looking to "hook up" with someone? I know quite a few singles that are very happy with their lives as is and intend to remain single.

NY_Dutch said:
Why the assumption that all singles are looking to "hook up" with someone? I know quite a few singles that are very happy with their lives as is and intend to remain single.

I don't think anyone was implying "all" singles want to "hook up". Singles only campgrounds fill a niche industry much like singles bars. If you want to go, then do so. If not, then don't.

Several of my single friends have pointed out that they often feel they live in a couples world.  They aren't looking for a spouse but often feel like a third, fifth or seventh wheel at social gatherings.  I can see the appeal a single park might have in that respect.

I finally visited the park.

Found out they do allow couples for up to a month but not for a whole winter though their workampers can be couples.  About 2/3's of the sites are owned by singles. The other 1/3 is rented day/week/month/annual. A buyer has to be living the single lifestyle to buy a lot or place. Tons of ancient oaks with Spanish moss, lots vary widely in size and accommodations. Everything there from park models, trailers, 5th wheels, B's, C's, A's. A few mobile homes too though I think they call those manufactured homes now. Nothing over 36 feet allowed, could be the whimsical curvy one laned roads just don't allow for mega rigs. No two lots alike, except some of the rental sites are very similar. The owner lots looked bigger than most of the rental sites.

It's very true that not all singles are looking to be a couple. A lot of head strong singles just want to do as they please without having to fight it out with a spouse first. LOL!

Some over 55 singles have already been a couple and now they are divorced or widowed, and just aren't looking to find a new mate.

I thought the concept was odd at first, but now I see it can have great advantages for just having friends without being lost in a sea of couples. I found out many of their long term residents still travel often, some have two RV's, one to live in, one to travel in. Many places were closed up for the summer, with their  owners gone. Other folks are living there year round or living there when they aren't on the road traveling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom