Dometic Refrigerator Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NMColtsfan

Hello,
I know there is a lot on these refrigerators so maybe I missed this being discussed before.

My Dometic model RM2652 just stopped working. It has it's 12 v for the control panel, but will not work with 120v or propane. The burner lights and kicks in even with ac plugged in acting like it isn't switching. But still no cooling of the unit. The vent pipe is hot from the propane. Is there a fuse or sensor that I could easily replace to correct this issue? It had ran fine until last weekend but luckily only quit once I was home. Any helpful knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  :)

Here is a link to the service manual:

http://www.fourwh.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

There are some fuses in control board enclosure, located in the outside refrigerator compartment access. Check those first.

Beng new to these things, the one thing I immediately noticed is that gas fridges are not nearly as efficient in cooling as compressor types. What this does is slow down my rate of beer consumption in the boondocks becuase I hate warm beer. Takes beer forever to cool to a drinkable temperature.

flylooper said:
Beng new to these things, the one thing I immediately noticed is that gas fridges are not nearly as efficient in cooling as compressor types. What this does is slow down my rate of beer consumption in the boondocks becuase I hate warm beer. Takes beer forever to cool to a drinkable temperature.

That's why you need a good cooler filled with ice. ;)

It takes upwards of 24 hours to cool down to 40-ish degrees.  You might not be waiting long enough.

Yes, that's what I figured out. PLus, if you open and close the door a lot, you lose cold and it takes additional time to get the temp down. An ice chest is still required, I guess.  :-[ at least if you want cold beer always available.

Was your RV kept level while the fridge was running? If it is let set unlevel, then it will overheat and melt the something or other in the back, which will then need to be replaced. Dont ask me how I know this...  :eek:

Back
Top Bottom