Need New Shower Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irollman

I have a 2009 Damon Astoria and the shower pan is cracking. It's plastic, not fiberglass, and is cracking in more than one place. I have come to accept I need to have it replaced. Who makes a good one?

Details:

* Hexagonal, 32" (I think)
* 10" tall to top of lip
* Greenish-brown, I'd prefer to keep it the same or similar to match bathroom sink
* Looking for STRONG; prefer strong over matching color
* I'm a full-timer (if that makes a difference)

Ideas?

Thanks!

- Irv

The motorhomes we've owned all had shower pans made by the motorhome manufacturer because they were all unique shapes and sizes.  If Damon made their own, then they would have had the molds for their shower pans.  Thor Industries bought Damon so it might be worth making a phone call to Thor in the off chance they have Damon's old motorhome records and/or those old molds.  Have the make, model, year and chassis number available when you call.  If not, they might be able to steer you to someone who make shower pans.  At least that might be a good starting point for you.  This is one of the drawbacks of owning what we call an orphan RV.  We have one too.

ArdraF

I've already emailed Thor's phone number to myself at work so I remember to call them Monday. Thanks!

I actually found what I think is the right shower pan, in even the right color. My Google-Fu, or at least my persistence, must be good, at least this time. It's what they call a 34" "hex pan with neo-angle front", and it seems to be a fairly common pattern (the word "common" being somewhat relative). They also seem to make another one with a round front that also might fit, although it means also replacing the doors. However, the round one would be slightly bigger, and I think it looks better.

Well, I found it. Thor gave me the info. Can't replace with the rounded front as the drain is about 3" off. But I'm back in business, or will be as soon as it's installed.

That's great.  Glad to hear it.  And let us know how the installation goes.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom