Which toad option would be smarter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucille

Hey fellow RVers. I have two potential toads but only want to choose one due to baseplate costs. We just got a 2013 CR V in excellent shape. Monday I will pick up my new Ford Focus. I've been towing an old Focus for several years and the baseplate won't fit the new Focus. I'd appreciate thoughts as to which vehicle to tow; the CR V or 2017 Focus. I know there are pros and cons with either one. My wife and I can't decide and you might tip the scales on which way we go.

Thanks to all,
Stay safe

I looked at both of these options when I decided to go to flat towing.  One factor that I considered was that the max towing speed for the CRV was 65mph while the max speed for Ford/Lincoln products was 70mph.  Since this limit is based upon how the automatic transmission handles heat I felt that there was more operating margin with the Ford product.  That said, I ended up buying a CMax rather than a Focus because my DW found it much easier getting in and out of the C-Max than the Focus or the CRV.  We used to own a CRV and it did very well for us, but I have been delighted with my Ford product that I own now and the Lincoln that I just sold.

According to Remco, both are towable 4 down EXCEPT  the Focus ST trim.

Joel gave very good advice from one who has been there.

My questions would be:  Is one more comfortable?  Is one easier to get in and out of?  Do both have sufficient cargo space for your needs on the road?  Will your A frame work with either new base plate?  Will your toad brake system work with either car?

Sorry, I can be of no further help.

Thanks very much folks. I kinda though I'd considered everything, but I didn't. Your comments were exactly what I needed to move forward. Now my wife and I will discuss; or decision will be much easier. Thanks a million! The forum rocks

Back
Top Bottom