Breaker problems on 5500 Generac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigblueoval

2003 Dolphin with 5500 Generac.  Recently I have had problems with the 2nd ( rear) AC tripping the 20 Amp breaker.  The Gen has a 20 and a 30.  I cleaned the AC unit, changed the breaker.  I'm on the road for a couple of days .  Been parked all day at a ballgame and just running the front AC.  We are getting close to settling down for the evening... I tried to turn on the 2nd AC and the breaker trips ... Worked fine yesterday.  I turned the AC off and tried to reset the breaker.  It trips automatically.  Any ideas.  Would the owners manual show what's on that circuit? Does the AC have a capacitor that could be bad?  I haven't checked the voltage on the Gen.  It shows 900 hours.  I have only owned the motorhome for a few months.... Any ideas

Thanks  in advance

Robbie

Found the problem...thought it may help someone else.  I disconnected the power cord that plugs into the generator or shore power....the breaker was still tripping...that told me that the problem was between the Generator and the plug which was only about 5 feet away.  First thing I did was pull the cover off of the junction box in the generator compartment and found a wire that appeared to have vibrated for a long time on the edge of the box and wore down to bare wire....all fixed now.

Robbie

Back
Top Bottom