Glass window in RV door is loose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2004CS

Just came back from 3 weeks road trip 8). Noticed glass in RV door was loose tried to tighten framing around window but after 3 days glass was loose again :(. Today I put tape on window and over frame, so as not to have glass come crashing down. Remove inside plastic frame, removed glass, removed outside frame. Has anyone had this problem? What was the solution in keeping glass from moving once plastic framing was tighten down around glass window? Love this RV Forum!   

I had this problem too. I used clear GE 100% silicone (the one with the pungent odor). Once I siliconed the glass, I installed the plastic frame and put a thin bead around the rim.  Glass has held for 3 years now.

Thanks Sunfighter    I am cleaning off the old caulking now, will use alcohol to clean plastic frame and window. Tomorrow will apply a fresh silicone on both plastic frames and then install window. Thanks for your reply. I am also putting a fresh rubber gasket around door. Noticed a little wind noise while driving also.

Thanks Sunfighter    Cleaned out old gasket material. Put silicone bead down placed window over silicone, after 2 hours window did not move put silicone around window frame waited 30 minutes installed window frame.  Now when going down road will not hear any wind noise. Another maintenance chore completed. Now to tackle the seal around the door. Can see light when door is closed.

Love this RV forum

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom