2008 Forest River 5th wheel hot water heater leaked and ruined kitchen flooring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RSharp1

Dried out the factory flooring and removed original sheet vinyl. Went over existing sub floor (which was essentially ultra-thin Luan maybe that's where the term Ulra Lite comes from) with 3/8" plywood, and then peel and stick tile. The original sheet vinyl was tucked and secured slightly underneath the adjoining carpeting. However, due to the extra height, I could only butt the plywood and tile up to the carpeting as closely as possible (they're virtually identical height), so I need some ideas on how to join the two together without adding very little height to the total install, or making it tacky with something like a metal strip. There's also a rounded edge to it. It almost seems like some sort of seam sealer like a caulk that would completely harden would work, but I'm unsure if any such thing exists. Any ideas welcomed! Thanks, Robbie

there are all kinds of connecting strips in the laminated flooring section of your local big box building supply store, take a scrap of your flooring with you and I'd bet you can even come close to matching

What papachaz says.  They are called transition strips and are made for that purpose. They can be flat or stepped to handle differences in height.

I guess it's too late to now, but peel & stick flooring does not work very well in RVs. The gooey adhesive backing seems very sticky, but it allows some movement.  Between the vibration and twisting of road travel and the wide range of heat & humidity that RVs experience, the tiles shift and leave gaps between.  If tiles are to be used, it needs to be glued down with a permanent flooring adhesive, e.g urethane glue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom