Gas Buddy RV friendly stations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdbgoat

I just got an email from Gas Buddy that has a map of RV friendly gas stations. It certainly isn't all conclusive, but is a start. There is a place to add a station, so those of us that do have and use the app stand to help make it a useful map.

I was on my gas buddy app and did not see where I could select RV friendly gas stations. Do they just show up or do you filter them. I saw nothing in the filters either.

Steve

BinaryBob said:
I'm wondering what the criteria is for an RV friendly gas station?

Since their info is crowd sourced guessing it will just be subjective user opinion. Might be worth something, or not

What  does RV friendly even mean? To me, it means there is enough room to get diesel fuel into my rig. Many, maybe most, Walmart (Murphy) stations fit my criteria.

Yep, getting out can be a real bear.  Some of the earliest Flying J RV islands fit into that category because you're driving toward the building that has parking in front of it.  I don't consider those "RV friendly" no matter who says it!

ArdraF

I received it in an email from Gas Buddy. Just looked at the app though, and I also didn't find anything about an RV friendly tab. I did find it online though:

http://business.gasbuddy.com/rv-friendly-gas-stations/

Looks to be a web page with stations mapped.  Descriptions are linked, but no photo or details.

I think think Gas Buddy needs a tab under their amenities tab like they they have for truck stops, etc. I would think for this to work for RV'ers, we would all need to provide good input to Gas Buddy to maybe help them develop some good criteria to define "RV friendly"

I agree with the RV tab. It is really useless as it is. Have to have a computer running while looking for an RV friendly station.

kdbgoat said:
I received it in an email from Gas Buddy. Just looked at the app though, and I also didn't find anything about an RV friendly tab. I did find it online though:

It is nice to see that they are thinking about RVs, but this appears to be only half baked with what they have here.  We are still better off with other phone apps for truck stops.  Perhaps with some feedback to them they will eventually have something useful.

good to see some movement towards RV friendly gas stations as that means to me a gas pump that can handle Class C's with a toad....as its the "gas" part thats problematic with RVs that use gas

kdbgoat said:
I just got an email from Gas Buddy that has a map of RV friendly gas stations. It certainly isn't all conclusive, but is a start. There is a place to add a station, so those of us that do have and use the app stand to help make it a useful map.

Ok, if you have a google account its simple to  copy this map to your google account and save it and then add or edit as needed.  It would be located in your "Drive" section.  I find this to be awesome as now I can add gas stations I know that are gas friendly.  You can add different layers to the map as well for other points of interest

kdbgoat said:

Not one station listed in Michigan?  Something doesn't look right if that's the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom