Sliding door to bedroom failure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

We left yesterday for points north and when we stopped for the night at the New Green Acres Campground the sliding door to the bedroom was hanging in a cocked position. It appears that one of the hangers has broken. We went over some rough road on I 95. I can't see a good way to fix it. Has anyone had the same problem and how did you fix it? Thanks!

Yikes. I think I've had that sliding door off before. I believe I pulled the door fully out and was able lift it up and out. My coach is in factory service at the moment or I would look at mine, I'll be seeing the tech in a few minutes and will ask.

Thanks John.

Tom, The part looks like what you describe. A quick observation indicates the part on the door is made of plastic and is probably broken. There are some decorative boards that block a good view. I will have to wait until later to get into the actual fix. We are on the road and won't probably get to it until next week while in Indiana. I am looking for all of the information I can get.

Thanks to both.

Wayne, I hope your fix is as simple as mine. FWIW when a door came off a hanger, it would block ingress or egress from the bedroom, and scared me about what might happen in an emergency. The only way to open the door was to put my foot under it and slide it open on the remaining hanger.

As I think back, when we viewed the coach (new) on the dealer's lot, one of the two sliding doors was in pieces, and stored in the bedroom closet. They replaced the door, and I didn't think any more about it. Even when, several years later, the doors came off their respective hangers, I didn't join the dots, until posting this reply.

In our case, when the door is in the pocket, we have a factory installed strap which goes around the top of the door keeping it from sliding out of the pocket. A couple of times we've forgotten to connect the strap and found the door had been sliding back and forth while traveling but nothing got damaged. We we're lucky.

I just got around to checking the door. My connectors looked just like the ones shown in Tom's report. The latching plastic part was not broken, just came unlatched. I put everything back together and the door works great. Thanks, Tom!

When we got in to Sevierville, TN, the battery in the Equinox was dead and I forgot to put the jumper cables in the car. A friendly neighbor had a pair of cables and we got it started OK. I still can't find the problem as I have a wire connecting the MH battery to the toad battery. Measurements indicate that everything should be working.  Guess I will get it checked Thursday, when we get into Cincinnati.

Back
Top Bottom