Golf Cart rental around Disney World?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
Does anyone have a recommendation for a place to rent a Golf Cart around Disney World?  I rented one from an off site rental place about 5 years ago, but I can't find the info on the place now.  Disney does rent them, but are much more expensive. 

SargeW said:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a place to rent a Golf Cart around Disney World?  I rented one from an off site rental place about 5 years ago, but I can't find the info on the place now.  Disney does rent them, but are much more expensive.

I didn't know you could use carts inside Disney unless you're just talking about fort Wilderness.

While golf carts are not allowed in Disney World those mobility scooters sure are. Have you been to Fort Wilderness before? I spent a week there and a golf cart is not really necessary unless you are severely disabled. The park is set up really well with lots of buses and bus stops. You are never more than a block or so away from a bus stop. And it is the cleanest most well kept RV park I have ever been in. You could eat off the roadway.

Yep, I have been several times. This time we are going with a relative with mobility issues.  Getting around FW would make it much easier for her.

SargeW said:
Yep, I have been several times. This time we are going with a relative with mobility issues.  Getting around FW would make it much easier for her.
Then you will need a cart. I Googled golf cart rental Orlando and got a few hits but none of the places list their rates so you will have to call them all.

I haven't read through the site in a few years, but it used to have everything you ever wanted to know and then some.....
http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

We're at Ft Wilderness now. The busses that service the campground are all ADA compliant with chair lifts. There are a number of places in the area that rent the little mobility scooters so an alternative may be for you to rent one of them, instead of a golf cart. Granted, your whole party won't be able to ride, but your guest could still get around the loop, and take the Disney busses to other areas of the campground as well as the theme parks and Disney Springs. Just a thought....

We took our granddaughter to Disney last year and stayed at FW. I asked for a handicapped spot. Our site was about a 2 minute walk to the bathroom, which were wonderful, and about a 10 minute walk to the dock where you catch the boat to the Magic Kingdom. I have bad knees so I took a walker which came in real handy since you can take food and drinks into the park. We packed a bag with sandwiches, snacks and drinks and the bag rested just right on the seat of the walker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom