Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: Winnebago Factory Service - chassis service also  (Read 314 times)

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
Winnebago Factory Service - chassis service also
« on: July 11, 2017, 02:09:22 PM »
Had a nice chat with one of the guys I've know for years here in Forest City (shop supervisor) and I asked him if they are doing chassis service as well as the house part. At one time a few years ago they were only doing chassis warranty service (or that's what I thought I heard.) The good news is they are doing non-warranty chassis service for Freightliner, Mercedes Benz, Dodge, Ford, Spartan (and probably any others.) They are only the second MB authorized service in the area, nearest one was previously in Minneapolis.

About the only chassis service they won't do is tear down an engine but they will service gen sets. I wish I would have known this a while ago or I could have combined house and chassis service/maintenance.

Factory Service started working on our repair list yesterday, had it all day today and I'm guessing they will have it for at least part of tomorrow.

--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

emiddleb

• ---
Re: Winnebago Factory Service - chassis service also
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 03:37:34 PM »
Thanks John.  Good to know.  I've always figured Forest City for house and Freightliner for chassis.  Nice to know we can get it all at one stop, especially when the lines are blurred between the two.
Ed and Joie
2004 Vectra 40KD
Freightliner Chassis and Cummins ISC

ChasA

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »
That's really new. I was there last September and they wouldn't do anything on freightliner chassis. They referred me to the Freightliner shop in Mason City.
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y (pre DEF)
2007 Saturn Vue

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 08:23:21 PM »
That's really new. I was there last September and they wouldn't do anything on freightliner chassis. They referred me to the Freightliner shop in Mason City.
I had a similar experience when we were here three years ago, we took the coach to the Freightliner dealer in Clear Lake (Harrison.)  Winnebago has a fairly new CEO so I suspect we will see some more tweaks as time passes. Still the same good team in the trenches though.

Oh, we got our coach back this afternoon,  yea! On to rally grounds tomorrow,  we will be in the Texas section.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:27:43 PM by John Canfield »
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Hosted by Over The Network