Winnebago Factory Service - chassis service also

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Had a nice chat with one of the guys I've know for years here in Forest City (shop supervisor) and I asked him if they are doing chassis service as well as the house part. At one time a few years ago they were only doing chassis warranty service (or that's what I thought I heard.) The good news is they are doing non-warranty chassis service for Freightliner, Mercedes Benz, Dodge, Ford, Spartan (and probably any others.) They are only the second MB authorized service in the area, nearest one was previously in Minneapolis.

About the only chassis service they won't do is tear down an engine but they will service gen sets. I wish I would have known this a while ago or I could have combined house and chassis service/maintenance.

Factory Service started working on our repair list yesterday, had it all day today and I'm guessing they will have it for at least part of tomorrow.

Thanks John.  Good to know.  I've always figured Forest City for house and Freightliner for chassis.  Nice to know we can get it all at one stop, especially when the lines are blurred between the two.

That's really new. I was there last September and they wouldn't do anything on freightliner chassis. They referred me to the Freightliner shop in Mason City.

ChasA said:
That's really new. I was there last September and they wouldn't do anything on freightliner chassis. They referred me to the Freightliner shop in Mason City.
I had a similar experience when we were here three years ago, we took the coach to the Freightliner dealer in Clear Lake (Harrison.)  Winnebago has a fairly new CEO so I suspect we will see some more tweaks as time passes. Still the same good team in the trenches though.

Oh, we got our coach back this afternoon,  yea! On to rally grounds tomorrow,  we will be in the Texas section.

Back
Top Bottom