Bottom of slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasoki

We set up camp and all went well... Until I walked around the MH and noticed something sticking out of the forward most roller of the large slide out.

It appears that the bottom of the slide out is covered with a wood veneer product that is covered on the outside with a smooth surface of some sort.  There is a clear track of where the roller travels over this surface, it clearly has been split along this line.  The most outboard foot of the product appears to have become stuck in the roller.  The result is that a piece of this veneer measuring about 12 X 4 is now torn away.

After I make sure that the roller actually rolls, How does the bottom get fixed?  I assume that it was not put there just for looks...

Does the entire piece of veneer get replaced,  I would assume would require removing the entire slide.... Or can I use some resin product like West System to seal the remaining material and create a smooth hard surface for the roller to roll on? 

The structural wood under the veneer looks solid and does not register anything unexpected when checked with a moisture meter, so it is solid.

Any ideas?

I had  a similar  issue with my Fleetwood 26 D.  The roller, which supported most of the refrigerator weight, compressed the wood floor bottom 1/16 inch and cut thru the plastic film layer.  Insufficient number of rollers supporting the load and FW failed to install the metal load bearing plates.  The fix, for me, was to specify the proper size metal plates that spread the load of the rollers and to add two more rollers and load plates. End of that problem.

The slide did have to come out for the job.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom