installing window awnings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura & Charles

Could be anywhere. Originally from Ohio. Go Bucks!
We're within a few weeks of getting our house on the market and moving back into the coach.  One thing we learned during our first year full-timing is the value of shade from the sun and protection from rain.  So we're going to get some window awnings.  Is installing manual awnings a diy task?  Or is this something I should have professionally done?
Thanks!

It's pretty simple if not motorized (no electric to ruin). The mounting strip just screws into the sidewall, and the hook for the strap likewise. A helper is all but required, though, to hold things in place while you fasten it down.

Yes, pretty simple, but you do need to be accurate in your window measurements and understanding the measurements of the awning you are ordering. 

If you are an experienced DIY'er then no problem.

There's a couple of videos on YouTube, and a few blogs on installing window awnings that may be worth looking at.

I believe Carefree recently went direct-to-consumer and have self-install kits. You can browse for them at their website: http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv-products/rv-awnings.html

I believe there is a lot of how-to documentation out there on this topic that pertains to all awnings, not just Carefree. However, I am not sure if they are on their site or not after they changed things but I'm sure a simple Google search can help you find what you're looking for.

Best regards.
Bob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom