Slide-out Freelander Coachman 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boydrkb

We will be going tomorrow to get a new 2017 Freelander 31' BH.  I just realized the thing that really toasted my cashews with my present/trade-in rig, a 2010 Class C Freelander, was/is the slide out.  Where the rails of the slide-outs go into the main body of the coach there are big air gaps.  These gaps are large enough for insects to fly in and allow lots of dust to blow into the rig when slide is extended...So....my question is:  Has the Coachman/Freelander corrected/changed the slide-out configuration with the 2017 31' BH?  Sure hope someone is able to give me some insight on this. Driving a 100 miles to find the same problem as with my present rig is not in the least bit appetizing....I've scoured the interweb looking for pics or info to no avail.  Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I'm not familiar with that model, but that's pretty typical with rack & pinion type slides. The gaps go into the basement area, right? Not into the house interior?  I guess the coach builders think critters in there are OK.

Most manufacturers put some flaps around the opening, but it's never going to be sealed perfectly.

My 2016 Leprechaun has Swintech slides, the kind with the "tracks" on the sidewall of the slide itself. I would think the Freelander has the same slides from the pics I've seen. The wiper does have a really small gap around the tracks, but it's the bulb that should be doing the sealing, not the wiper.

When I was in Phoenix recently I worried that such gaps could allow scorpions to crawl into the basement cabinets.  My DW says I worry too much and I suppose she is right.

Back
Top Bottom