TOWING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mymaize

Hi.  I have a 97 class A 31 ft and I want to haul my 2007 mitsubishi eclipse (small convertible).  Can I hook it up behind the moho or do I have to get a trailer?  Thanks

I am sorry to say but there are no Mitsubishis listed in the 2007 Motorhome Dinghy Guide, which is a pretty comprehensive guide to what can be towed flat and how to tow each vehicle. That said, you could tow this on a tow dolly.

http://www.motorhome.com/download-dinghy-guides/

mymaize said:
I want to haul my 2007 mitsubishi eclipse (small convertible).  Can I hook it up behind the moho

Maybe. According to Remco if you have the 4 cylinder with 5 speed manual transmission it can be flat towed with restrictions. It appears other engine/trans combinations must be towed with a dolly. Details here.

Or, with a automatic, perhaps by adding a transmission oll lube pump, if you can find baseplates for this model.

Remco towing USA,, Go to the STORE and on the left hand frame (Last time I visited) you enter the details about your car, Year, make, model, transmission and so on.

Then the Main Frame answers your question

How to tow:
ONE: 4 down no mods or special instructions
Two: 4 Down with special instructions
Three: 4 down with modifications (lube pump, or drive shaft Disconnect (RWD) or Axle lock (FWD)
Four: Can not be towed 4 down. Must dolly
Five: Can not be dollyed, must be Trailered.

Remco will tell you,, note they also sell the mods.

Suggestion Tow bar, Ready brute with Ready brake.  If that is you can tow 4 down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom