2009 Keystone Raptor bedroom slide stuck in closed position

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Izord

I made a four hour trip yesterday, after closing the slides, got parked and leveled and the Bedroom slide wouldn't extend.  I looked closer and 'think' it got stuck on a partially opened closet door.  So I stuffed the clothes back into the closet, shut that door and tried the slide again.  It will 'click' and tries to extend an inch or two, but that's it.  It will retract back that inch and click again.  I had someone press the button for me while I tried to 'help' it to extend, but haven't had any luck.

I'm don't even know where the mechanism can be accessed.  This is the front bedroom slide on the driver's side.  The closet door that may have been jamming it from extending is the one all the way in the front of the RV. 

Any help would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with your particular RV, but having experienced such problems more than once in my coach I wonder if your RV has slide locks that may be jammed? If the slide lock were only partially retracted it would act exactly as described. Slide locks are located at the top of the slideout.  Get up on something tall and look over the top of the slide to see if there is such an interference.

Do you get any error code (flashing LEDs) on your slide out control?

I had a slide get stuck once on an open basement door when trying to bring the slideout in. It hit the edge of the door and made a big popping sound and then continued outward.  I am having trouble picturing how it could hit a closet going out, but then I don't know your RV.

Joel

The problem was a towel I had placed over the opening had got stuck in the mechanism.  Pulled it out and slide worked again. :p

Back
Top Bottom