New to RV forums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capnkirk4

My name is Kirk. My wife is Lola, and our 2 standard poodles are Aby and Hannah. We have a Keystone Bullet RLS269 that we tow with a VW. We are looking for a close campground in October close to the Foundry at Puritan Mill in Atlanta, GA. We can't seem to find one. Any suggestions?

Looking at Google maps shows you are correct, nothing too close.  We stayed at Atlanta South RV park on I 75 south of Atlanta when we went there to visit the Carter Presidential Museum. 

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and drive a ways to visit things you want to see. And after driving in Atlanta you will definitely appreciate living somewhere else!

We have hit all the Presidential Museums except the latest Bush museum, good way to see the country.

I would try Swee****er Creel RV Park in Austell.

See review at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/georgia/atlanta

disclaimer: I've never camped there.

Swee****er Creek Park does not have RV campsites.

There is Swee****er Valley Campground at Villa Rica, GA. About 45 minutes out on I-20. They charge $20 a night, or $100 a week for sites with electric and water. Dump station available. I've camped there many times, and have been storing my RV there in the field.

[edit] I live in Mableton, GA just west of Atlanta. I looked at all the campgrounds in the area when I bought my RV 3 years ago. The closest one I found that was decent enough to stay in was Swee****er Valley. The next closest I've been to is Chattahoochee Bend State Park. That is about an hour and 15 min out from the Foundry. At $23 per night or $161 per week.

Welcome Kirk!  I'm not personally familiar with camping in the Atlanta area, but in addition to the resources already mentioned here (for finding campgrounds)... I'd also suggest Allstays (.com and the available smartphone app) and RV Parky (also a website and app).  It's always good to check a couple/few sources for campgrounds, so you can get different perspectives and reviews when deciding where to stay.

Back
Top Bottom