HWH leveling alarm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Bill... If you're talking about the "Jacks Deployed" alarm, I know what you mean. That's an irritating horn. This is just a suggestion, but I'd recommend that you leave the audible alert functional - here's why. Among other things, I taught emergency procedures to pilots and crewmembers for years - in aircraft and in flight training devices (simulators). It never ceased to amaze me how often pilots (including me) missed Caution Lights that illuminated right in front of us.

Audible alerts for certain emergencies are just more noticeable than visual alerts. It's a Human Factors thing. I considered installing a switch to interrupt the power to the horn, which would be handy when I was stopped and setting up, or breaking down my campsite, but decided against it. I was concerned that I'd forget to reset it, and if my jacks ever deployed while driving (unlikely, I admit) It would be an expensive mistake - a preventable expensive mistake.

Kev

Certainly understand where you are coming from Kevin. But I raced sports cars for several years and have what I believe is a really developed awareness of what's going around me both inside the drivers area and outside as well. I absolutely know I would see a big red light come on and I absolutely hate the alarm going off whenever jacks are being mobilized.

And besides the alarm just freaks out my dog...

I have added a dash switch which I occasionally use to silence the squealing beast when I wish to run my engine with the jacks down.  I took the lazy way out to do this ........just an add-on master switch; several posters in the thread below came up with a much more sophisticated way............ a way that leaves the red light on and resets the whole system when you shut off the ignition key.  It may be of interest to you............  ed s

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/disable-leveling-jack-alarm-324147.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom