SCREEN ROOM FOR CAMPING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCP

We are going camping at the beach and are interested in a screen house to sit outdoors away from the bugs.We saw a Coleman screen room that seemed easy to put up. Has anyone had experience with a Coleman or any others you might recommend and a good place to purchase them. Thanks for your help.LCP

I have had one I've used for years... I likely should get rid of it and get a new one as the one Is not easy to set up with 2 people and dang near inpossible with one,,, and my other is not that much help.

However I"ve seen a lot of newer designs that look like they could darn near be set up one handed they are that easy.. Haven't seen a Coleman though (or rather, Haven't looked at it closely)

Best place to get Coleman stuff... Coleman surplus/closeout stores, either online (the obvious URL and click on the clearance store) or brick and mortar (Use the store locator or visit Burch Run, Michigan, Where I recently went shopping for coleman stuff)

Check your local Walmart - they usually carry 2-3 brands of nice screen houses at several price levels.  We saw a couple very nice ones, the e-z up type, for under a $100.  I think Coleman is one of them, but if not they are usually some other known brand name.

Note that the Coleman name is licensed to any manufacturer willing to buy the rights - Coleman does not manufacture any camping goods any longer.

RV Roamer said:
Check your local Walmart - they usually carry 2-3 brands of nice screen houses at several price levels. We saw a couple very nice ones, the e-z up type, for under a $100. I think Coleman is one of them, but if not they are usually some other known brand name.

Note that the Coleman name is licensed to any manufacturer willing to buy the rights - Coleman does not manufacture any camping goods any longer.

Gary

I did not realize that Coleman had sold out. That was one of the US quality king pins. I still have a gas lamp from the scouts, ~= 50 yrs old. The other quality and durability item was Gravely tractors. they were bullet proof.

Nelson

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom