Venice, FL to Ft Collins, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragginourbedaround

We left Venice on July 5th heading to CO our reservations were for the 15th so we were in no hurry. We averaged about 250 miles per day, went up I-75 through Atlanta to I-24 through Nashville to I-57 to I-64 through St Louis to I-70 through Kansas City and finally to I-25. As a frequent complainer of how bad the roads in this country are, I have to say this drive was one of the smoothest we've experienced in the last four years. Only when going through or around  metropolitan areas did we find rough roads, and not all big cities. Like Atlanta was not a problem. We used the Pilot Flying J app to plan our fuel stops and were able to stop at all stations with RV lanes. Easy in and out, plus long handled squeegees for washing the windshield, which came in handy though Kansas. PFJ's gas prices were comparable to other stations in the area. One thing that didn't change was the wind going across the mid-west it's always there. We fought some pretty severe cross winds, but generally just a lot of wind. Most of the places we stayed at were pretty nice except Pine Grove in Columbia, MO. The place was nice enough, but mostly empty, so why would they put the only two overnighters side by side? And our water connection was against the the sewer. Problem is if the sewer overflows it flows into the water outlet. We used our on-board water and didn't hook up sewer. We normally travel without reservations during the week and only make them for Friday and Saturday nights. That didn't work on this trip we had a difficult time finding places to stop the closer we got to CO. Most places were full up.
Again I just want to stress how well cared for the roads on this route were.

Attachments

• sewew.jpg
    sewew.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 27
Two years ago, we took I-24 from Chattanooga to Nashville and found it to be in very poor condition; possibly the second worst interstate I've taken next to I-10 through Louisiana. Have they done any work to that stretch on I-24?

Glad to hear the other roads are in good shape since we'll be taking them within a couple of years on various journeys.

John Stephens said:
Two years ago, we took I-24 from Chattanooga to Nashville and found it to be in very poor condition; possibly the second worst interstate I've taken next to I-10 through Louisiana. Have they done any work to that stretch on I-24?
This was the first time I've been on I-24N So I have no knowledge of what it was like before, but it's a smooth ride now.

Back
Top Bottom