Winnebago Rally Grounds WiFi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a free service and a nominal fee for faster ($15 for the rally.) I got 1.2 Mb down and .97 Mb up on the free, but that might change a bunch by next week as more users come on line. There are a bunch of Access Points so there should be good radio coverage.

My friend in the WIT office said they are pricing the paid service low this first year so they can iron out any of the kinks. I'm trying to switch from free to paid with the Nano Beam and WiFi router on my coach but no joy so far. I'll keep hacking away.

This is our first rally since the change to 50 amp power, wow. I won't have to burn up another 30 to 50 adapter.  Winnie has also installed a nice white bar/post fence on the west (street) side and the north side.

Hopefully they have adequate back haul. the best Wifi won't make much difference if they don't have adequate bandwidth coming in.

Exactly. It will be interesting to see the performance when the rally starts. I just got signed up for the premium WiFi and I got 3.8 Mbps down and 377 K up. testmy.net reports the provider's average at about 30 Mbps which I doubt would be enough bandwidth for a thousand users but the primary Winnebago rally grounds router might have a faster backbone (or bones.)

I've started upgrading the connectivity at our ranch outbuildings and went to a NanoBeam M5 (5 Ghz) backhaul from my main router in the shop to the house router which has worked out quite well. I would guess there is a similar topology (with the 5 Ghz backhauls) at rally grounds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom