Dometic AC replacement evaporator coil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darrel Goheen

Is there anywhere that I can buy a replacement evaporator for my Dometic AC? It is leaking and after several hours of searching I cannot find a replacement. Of course Dometic doesn't sell them. Thanks.

If you found one my guess is that it would cost almost as much as a new AC.

Unless it was damaged by accident, it won't be worth fixing. If it just started leaking the system may be acid logged, and the compressor windings don't like acid, nor does the condenser coil. If you can't replace it yourself it won't be worth fixing either. labor rate around here is real close to $140.00 an hour. I'd say 3 hours minimum to pump it down, replace the coil, vacuum and recharge with R22. R22 is going for a premium now that they're not making it anymore. I was an HVAC tech for 25 years before retirement, and I wouldn't even attempt to repair my own failed system. 

New A/C installed is 750-1200 dollars depending on where you buy it By the time you get a new evaporator, and pay to have it installed, and charged,  You are going to be very very close.

I'd go with a replacement..

NOTE: Per my RV tech, Dometics blow, Colemans suck.. Ok, what does that mean

Well a few weeks ago I was parked among cotton woods in cotton season.. So naturally the condnsers on my A/C's were clogged.. I already posted this

On my Adent (Dometic knock off per same tech) THe first time (And 2nd) I had to tear it quite apart, opening both the outer and inner covers, same on my older Carriers but remoing the inner cover way easier.... But the next to the last time on the Advent the fan went BOOM (cleaning was secondary to fan feplacement) and the only fan they had was a Coleman, it sucks.

So this time I removed the outer cover and blew the cotton away (Air hose)

Same on the Coleman I put on the other spot.. Remove cover (4 bolts) and blow Gabriel blow, or in this case i juse pealed the cotton off.

There is a suggestion in that story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom