regular pvc cement on gray water tank pipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papachaz

over the last couple of months, I've noticed that I have a drip from the gray water tank, where the reducer pipe comes out of the tank and hooks to the pipe where the drain valve is. Today, I put some water in it, and crawled under there to see what was up, and it appears the whole thing is about to come out! So before I take it out to fix, I'm wondering if this goes together with regular pvc glue?

as you can see in the pic, it's almost out completely at the top. So I'm gonna need to glue that back, so is it regular pvc glue? I do know I'll have to clean it all good

Attachments

• IMG_6602.JPG
    IMG_6602.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 43
That should be ABS pipe and you need ABS glue, PVC cement will not work, but most any hardware store should have ABS glue available.

thank you! I was just coming back to post I'd found it in doing some more research. couldn't find anything at first, and gave up too quickly and came here to ask.  :D

my next issue is going to be getting it back in, that fitting is right against the frame! I may have to grind the top down a little bit to get a better fit, I'll update tomorrow after I get it done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom