Help me figure out my baseplate!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacobsrving

Good Evening Fellow RVers! 
We just purchased a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and it has a baseplate already installed.  I am unsure if the baseplate is a blue ox or roadmaster.  I am attaching a picture in hopes that someone on this forum can lead me in the right direction.  My RV has a Blue Ox hookup.  Hoping this baseplate will work for the TOAD. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Attachments

• aaaaa.jpg
    aaaaa.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 55
I have the Blue Ox tow bar and mine uses the connectors that slip into the round recepticle and turn to lock.

From your picture it looks similar although mine have two notches in the end.

Here are some pictures of mine.

Attachments

• rfull098.jpg
    rfull098.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 35
  • r193.jpg
    r193.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 37
  • r098.jpg
    r098.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 35
Hi HueyPilotVN,
Thanks so much for the reply.
Looks like yours has two notches on them, too. I think mine only has one notch on the round cylinder.  Hmm...wonder if this is a Blue Ox?  Ehhh.  It's so hard to tell! I took it to a shop today and they said it sure looks like one, but they also said there is road master that looks similar, too.  Hoping someone has one that looks just like this.

I think it is supposed to have the removable pins and some sort of tab, but I could be wrong. 

You can see the insert in the last picture.  You insert the aluminum shaft and turn it to lock it.  The pin goes thru the part of the shaft, (forward) and locks the arm to the shaft.  I think mine is called Aventa and is rated for 10K.

Some Roadmaster models have the single notch, see here. I merely went to http://roadmasterinc.com and looked at the brackets for the 2017 Cherokee.

Tom said:
Some Roadmaster models have the single notch, see here. I merely went to http://roadmasterinc.com and looked at the brackets for the 2017 Cherokee.

Yes, this one looks a lot more like it I think.  Thanks for finding this. I went on their site and never came up with anything this descriptive. I appreciate your help.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Yes, that is for the Roadmaster removable base plate.  However, that's only part of it. Do you have the arms that slip into those tubes?  That's what the tow bar actually connects to. Those will be incompatible with your Blue Ox tow bar, but there is an adapter available that allows your tow bar to use Roadmaster brackets.

http://www.blueox.com/recreational-commercial-flat-towing/towing-accessories/adapters/

This is fascinating.  I had no clue they had adapters so we could use the two together. I'm going to give BlueOX a call and see what they recommend us to purchase for the vehicles/years.  Thanks a ton!!

Apologies, I should have mentioned the adapters. OTOH Gary is more thorough in his responses here.

Back
Top Bottom