Jayco v Forest River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I received a call from a friend who's shopping for a trailer. Weights aside, with the help of his wife on floorplan, he's narrowed it down to a couple of Jayco and Forest River models.

Maybe a dumb question, but what are the comparisons/preferences for either brand?

My/our experience is with Forest River trailers/5th wheels owned by our kids and used as granny quarters when we visited. I was impressed with the FR product, especially cabinet and related work.

Coincidentally, this week we stayed at a Forest River 'cabin' at a Thousand Trails resort. The product was well made, although the appointments were really uncomfortable.

Tom,

I had a Columbus FW and now a Leprechaun, both Forrest River.  I have been pleased with both, as you said specially the cabinetry.  They both had raised panel doors made of wood.  The issues I have had with both have been nicely addressed by the dealer. Having a good dealer makes the difference. I know not everyone will have the same experience.

I sold my Surveyor last year after 4 years of having it. It was a OK trailer... but in my opinion, just OK. I bought a Jayco and after a year, I can say it's a better-built trailer. I've fixed far less on this one in the first year than in the first year with the Surveyor. I know others that will curse both... but that's my experience, so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom