New Roof?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbunkley

Just got told that I need a new roof on my RV. $7,500.00!! What a deal!!! They said there is no coating, no caulking, no nothing that can be done, just a new roof! Roof isn't leaking. There has to be an alternative. Any ideas?

What kind of roof do you currently have?  Rubber or fiberglass.  Fiberglass can be re-coated.  I am reasonably rubber needs to be replaced

RV Armour quoted me 130.00/per linear foot.  They come to you and stay until job I'd done.

rbunkley said:
Just got told that I need a new roof on my RV. $7,500.00!! What a deal!!! They said there is no coating, no caulking, no nothing that can be done, just a new roof! Roof isn't leaking. There has to be an alternative. Any ideas?

Oh I have the same roof one year newer - give us a pic - I doubt that is true.  Probably can recover at least.  I bought the materials to recoat for under $1000.  Just haven't done it yet.

rbunkley said:

Where you up there walking on it with track cleats???  Is it rotted?

If it's not leaking or damaged, why do "they" say you need a new roof?

And even if you do need one, $7500 is really pricey, even at RV dealer labor rates. Somewhere around $5000 would be typical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom