Chateau Sport 24-T Shower door problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2004CS

Just came back from a 3 1/2 weeks road trip to Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, Colorado Springs, Moab, and Vegas. Before heading home in Washington State.
We used the shower before by just using a bucket to conserve water. We stayed at 3 full hookup sites this time.
Noticed water on the bathroom floor after taking a shower. We just left a old towel on the floor to soak up any water that came out of the shower.
When we got back home I removed the first metal glass sliding door and noticed the door frame was open on the bottom. Here are some pictures of the shower door I removed. Their is a 3/4 inch gap from the bottom of the door to the shower frame. Has anyone else have this problem and how did the y fix it?
Thanks LOVE this RV Forum.
Thomas Richardson 

Attachments

• IMG_1527.JPG
    IMG_1527.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 25
Oh Thor ::). You are missing a piece of rubber that fits in there and flexes in and out.  Mine keeps wanting to come off.  When we are not as level as we should be it makes the problem worse of course. 

I suspect the door can't fit tight as it needs to flex as you drive down the road so they left this flexible gap to allow the door some movement.  This 1 inch rubber piece covers the opening.  Not sure where to get one but Amazon never let me down!

You bought this used I bet and the previous owner probably pulled it out rather than fix it right before selling it figuring you wouldn't notice until - well now.

Thanks KandT
Really looked at doors more closely again this morning. The 3 metal frame shower doors open and close on rubber wheel that slide on a track from above. I noticed the middle slider door is wider than the others, (may have been replaced at some time  :-[). Do you or anyone else have a picture of what the piece of rubber might look like. Here are some other pictures
Thanks
Thomas Richardson

Attachments

• IMG_1525.JPG
    IMG_1525.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 11
May have solved my problem  :). Went to Big Box Store and purchased a plastic door sweep. The backing was sticky but added some silicone to help stick to the metal door frame. Will let cure for 3 days before using shower to test it out. The final test will be a 3 day road trip  :) to see if road movement will make sweep come loose. So if anyone else has this problem go to your big box store and in the door section look for plastic store sweep.

Attachments

• IMG_1529.JPG
    IMG_1529.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom