Converting Outside shower to Spray Port

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

perrodiablo

I have a Rockwood Ultralight that I want to covert the outside shower to a Spray port.  I saw this on a new TT at the Dallas show and thought it to be  a neat idea.  We never use the outside shower and i am always needing an extra hose to wash out a cooler or clean the feet.

Does anyone know of a standard sized exterior shower box but with a hose bib on the inside?  Thanks for any help given.

I made a simple adapter from CPVC fittings that converts the shower hose 1/2" NPT fitting to a standard garden hose thread. Cost about $1.50 plus the solvent cement that I already had on hand. I use it on the outside shower, and even on the inside shower hose to feed a tank flushing wand.

Lucky for me, I have one of these. My controls have a female quick disconnect built in. One end of the hose has a male QD and the other end has the hose fitting for the sprayer.  Here's the hose and faucet assembly you would need.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=15+Ft.+3/8%22+Recoil+Flexible+Hose+Sprayer+Phoenix+PF267003&spf=1500198724710

https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-PF213247-2-Handle-Faucet-White/dp/B002P2YGHE/ref=pd_bxgy_263_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B002P2YGHE&pd_rd_r=MW62TYEPA9J0BGBN4W21&pd_rd_w=OBDT7&pd_rd_wg=kneTq&psc=1&refRID=MW62TYEPA9J0BGBN4W21

Something you may not know....
The shower hose is a 1/2 Inch IPT thread.. You can use a standard hose adapter on the faucet end. or in some cases just replace the shower head with a hose adapter.  NO special tools or hardware needed

Or you can replace the entire hose with a 1/2 inch to 1/2 inch flexable hose with a standard garden hose adapter on the other end. THIS may be the best fit for the box.

I occasionaly do that with my outside shower  (Swap the head for the hose adapter_)

Again, Noting special needed.

Back
Top Bottom