EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Need Some Help With Slide Issue  (Read 180 times)

Gizmo

• ---
Need Some Help With Slide Issue
« on: July 17, 2017, 10:20:00 AM »
On my new truck camper one of my 3-slides when opening and closing stops before reaching it's inner and outer limit despite continued depressing of the switch.  Once I release the switch and depress it again it continues it's travel without a stopping.  As mentioned my rig has 3-slides and the other two work flawlessly.  It is a new rig and under warranty, but I thought I would post my issue here in case there might be a simple solution before bringing it back to the dealer.  Frankly as of right now it is only a very minor inconvenience, but want to keep a breast of it in case it is indicative of a future failure.  The slides are Schwintek slides. Thx.
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition

kdbgoat

• ---
Re: Need Some Help With Slide Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:30:08 AM »
With my Schwintek slides, I was told to hold the button for 3 to 5 seconds after it stops in each direction. I don't know if doing that will solve your undertravel issues or not.
Here is the troubleshooting guide I was advised by the Tech to down load when doing the walk-thru with me when we bought ours:

http://www.amlrv.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Schwintek-Manual-override.pdf

It doesn't say anything about under travel though.

There are also some good YouTube videos  on Schwinteks also.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Gizmo

• ---
Re: Need Some Help With Slide Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 11:16:40 AM »
With my Schwintek slides, I was told to hold the button for 3 to 5 seconds after it stops in each direction. I don't know if doing that will solve your undertravel issues or not.
Here is the troubleshooting guide I was advised by the Tech to down load when doing the walk-thru with me when we bought ours:

http://www.amlrv.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Schwintek-Manual-override.pdf

It doesn't say anything about under travel though.

There are also some good YouTube videos  on Schwinteks also.

Problem solved thank you, this helped.  I was holding the switch for 1-2 seconds after the slide reached it's end of travel, so after reading your post I have held the switches for 5-seconds and now the one slide is working correctly.
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition

Hosted by Over The Network