Need Some Help With Slide Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizmo

On my new truck camper one of my 3-slides when opening and closing stops before reaching it's inner and outer limit despite continued depressing of the switch.  Once I release the switch and depress it again it continues it's travel without a stopping.  As mentioned my rig has 3-slides and the other two work flawlessly.  It is a new rig and under warranty, but I thought I would post my issue here in case there might be a simple solution before bringing it back to the dealer.  Frankly as of right now it is only a very minor inconvenience, but want to keep a breast of it in case it is indicative of a future failure.  The slides are Schwintek slides. Thx.

With my Schwintek slides, I was told to hold the button for 3 to 5 seconds after it stops in each direction. I don't know if doing that will solve your undertravel issues or not.
Here is the troubleshooting guide I was advised by the Tech to down load when doing the walk-thru with me when we bought ours:

http://www.amlrv.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Schwintek-Manual-override.pdf

It doesn't say anything about under travel though.

There are also some good YouTube videos  on Schwinteks also.

kdbgoat said:
With my Schwintek slides, I was told to hold the button for 3 to 5 seconds after it stops in each direction. I don't know if doing that will solve your undertravel issues or not.
Here is the troubleshooting guide I was advised by the Tech to down load when doing the walk-thru with me when we bought ours:

http://www.amlrv.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Schwintek-Manual-override.pdf

It doesn't say anything about under travel though.

There are also some good YouTube videos  on Schwinteks also.

Problem solved thank you, this helped.  I was holding the switch for 1-2 seconds after the slide reached it's end of travel, so after reading your post I have held the switches for 5-seconds and now the one slide is working correctly.

Back
Top Bottom