cleaning chrome on truck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

today I decided to detail the outside. got the waxing done and now it's time for the chrome.
so what do you guys use to get the chrome all clean and shinny?

thanks

I used to use DuPont #7, but I don't think it's available any longer. There is some stuff out there simply called #7, but I don't know if it's the same. I still have some old DuPont stuff, probably over 20 years old and still works great when I need it. Most of the time I just use plain old car wash and water. When I had the Harley Dresser with a boatload of chrome on it, i would go over it with some stuff called Ace-It. That worked everywhere in the bike from the windshield to the wheels. Still have a bit of that left too. A little bit of that stuff went a long ways.

They can make chrome plate so thin these days that one of the aggressive cleaners, in my case SimiChrome went right through to the copper. Might check an inconspicuous place to be sure.

Yes, I used it since Boot Camp too!?

I used Protectall on it the other day with good results. I only did the rear to see how it would look, looks good.
now I just need it to cool off a bit so I can finish up

I haven't found a better product than Solvol Autosol for chrome or aluminum. Used it on motorcycle wheels and gearbox casings in the 60's. I've introduced numerous folks to it over the years since.

Have not tried it but saw an ad yesterday that Mothers had come out with a new spray on chrome polish. I think I will probably try to fine some and try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claassen
Back
Top Bottom