Waste pipe missing cap and knife valve, filling problemss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitecat75

Hello,

I have a 1989 Jamboree Rallye by Fleetwood. I purchased it from a gentleman on Craigslist. I can identify both the larger diameter (3" I think) black water waste pipe and the smaller diameter (2" or 1.5") gray water waste pipe. Both are just open holes--missing both the caps and knife valves that the owner's manual says they should have.

When I try to fill the fresh water tank with a hose, the water just issues right out of the vent valve. Just spews right out. Whether it's a trickle or a gush, the water does not fill the tank as it should. No water is issuing from either waste pipe.

I am in a conundrum. Any advice on how to proceed?

Maybe you have done this, it would be my first step. 

Take a hose inside and turn it down the toilet have someone outside to see what happens.    do the same to the sink.  If you get water from them, then go buy the appropriate fittings and install.  Make sure you use the Pipe glue with a Green Label it is for black plastic pipe.  Once the valves are in place try to fill with water and check for leaks.  You may need to loosen the belly skin so you can see where any leaks are coming from.  My guess the PO let the tanks freeze and most likely  that is why the valves are missing.  Your fresh water tank may be cracked as well.  It may need to be replaced.  If you just have cracked pipe you should have an easy time fixing that.

Good luck.

The gray waste is 1.5" and the black 3".  Standard RV waste dump valves and sewer connection fittings are widely available. Basically a Y pipe with a 3" and a 1.5" inlet and a 3" outlet with a removable cap.  You can even get Y-fittings with valves already attached. You may have to add an elbow or extension to line up with the existing pipes, though.

Here are a few sources, but Amazon & Ebay are good as well.

http://www.dyersonline.com/rv-plumbing/sewer-connection/sewer-fittings.html
http://www.rvpartscountry.com/RvWasteValves
https://www.makariosrv.com/black-pipe-rv-sewer-fittings/

Your fresh water gravity fill may be clogged or broken.  When you say the water guses out the vent, are we talking the small vent that is usually part of the filler port, or another vent from the tank itself that maybe comes out under the RV somewhere.  Or maybe you are referring to the fresh tank drain line?  Please be a bit more specific, or maybe post a picture of the filler and vent.

whitecat75 said:
Hello,
I have a 1989 Jamboree Rallye by Fleetwood. I purchased it from a gentleman on Craigslist. I can identify both the larger diameter (3" I think) black water waste pipe and the smaller diameter (2" or 1.5") gray water waste pipe. Both are just open holes--missing both the caps and knife valves that the owner's manual says they should have.
When I try to fill the fresh water tank with a hose, the water just issues right out of the vent valve. Just spews right out. Whether it's a trickle or a gush, the water does not fill the tank as it should. No water is issuing from either waste pipe.
I am in a conundrum. Any advice on how to proceed?

whitecat75
I suggest you ask the seller how to proceed.
If he really is a "gentleman" he will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Is it possible that the valves themselves are more remote (hidden from view) and are operated using a (missing) cable?? The idea that they are missing altogether is rather unusual but Mel s has the best suggestion. Someone has obviously mucked about with this coach for some reason and the PO is the logical person to talk to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom