At the Factory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oldgator73

Well, we left yesterday (Sunday) to take our Winnie Drop to the factory in Middlebury, IN. Long trip. About 700 miles. Left Dover, DE at about 7-7:30 AM and got into Elkhart about 1AM. We were supposed to leave 4 AM but I stupidly set the clock for 3:30 PM instead of 3:30 AM. I checked the mileage on the Frontier for a couple of legs of the trip. I was getting 11mpg mostly through the mountainous area. Biggest problem is the small gas tank.
Dropped the Drop off this morning to have a window leak fixed, awning installed and I asked them to look at the propane function of the fridge since it didn't work on this trip. The unit was supposed to be ready Wednesday morning. Dave Bower, Warranty Mgr, called this afternoon and said it would be ready at 10 AM tomorrow. He said they replaced the rear window. It was not seating correctly causing the leak.
So, we are leaving a day earlier. Our hotel, the Sleep Inn in Elkhart changed our check out day and I called Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio and got reservation at the FamCamp for tomorrow evening. That will beak our trip in half each day (instead of 700 miles in one day it'll be about 350 a day for two days).

HappyWanderer said:
Have you been to the museum at WP? We were there last week, one day just isn't enough.

Won't have time this trip. We will arrive about 5 or 6, eat dinner have a fire, roast marshmallows and hit the sack. But we will keep it in mind for next time. Thanks!

We stayed at Wright-Pat FamCamp this May (I'm 100% service connected), I made a reservation for a pull through (or so I thought) but the pull-through turned into a back in. Big deal since we haul an 18' trailer and I didn't want to unhook for just two days, so we drycamped for three days and left a day early. Most all of the pull-throughs are occupied with long-term residents.

We were lucky and got a pull thru for our huge 17 footer. Wasn't crazy about the FamCamp though. Pretty bland. If you are out and about around town and come back after 6pm the Gate near the campground is closed. You have to use the main gate and it's a bitch to find the perimeter road around the flight line back to the campground.

Back
Top Bottom