King quest hookup... need help with first hookup.. direct tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanglemoose

Got our new kq4100, but I have a couple of questions..i have the h21 receiver.
Say I need b band converter, so I put one on, close to receiver...
I picked the 18inch round and multi switch and then continue..... it says verifying configuration.. comes back cannot find signal... ugh suggestions?

Any trees in the path to the sky?
Do u have the handle pointed north. Did you call and activate the system with Direct?
Maybe try tech support at Direct tv....
I have Dish. Just trying to help// Good luck?

John and Shirl
Upstate NY, currently.

I have the King quest and the HR 54 receiver. I had an issue with a bad coaxial cable. However, I called king directly and we diagnosed this problem by taking the dome off of the dish and it should have lights inside on the motherboard flashing etc, Mine did not and he said change the coax cable. I had other questions as well and they helped out. I'd call them. Heres a tip if you do,push zero for the operator and if they say they are busy in tech support, they will ask to leave a message, do that and they call back pretty quick.

Got it to bring in channels but guide is not picking them up.... there were some trees, but finally got signal, but doing retest gave us errors. Had no cell service so couldn't call anybody...

Didn't get our local channels which I am not surprised with only 101. Did add someone say if y bought that converter part you would bring in satellite 119 with more channels?

I havnt heard that the converter get locals. On my box I go into setup then display then preferences and turn off the hd channels from the guide. It will only give me the channels I can view (for the most part). Try this as well.

I beleive you can get locals IF you contact directv and tell them you are camping and need to change your address for a short time or something. I have never done it, my regular antenna pulls in locals if I need them. Search this site for options on how to do this. I just read a post recently on this.

Tip, If you walk in from of the dish or bump it or what not, it will attempt to move and relock on the satellite, which gives me a small error on my screen, I can still view whats on tv, buts its a little annoying, If I cant put the dish in an out of the way spot, I can record the show as Im watching it and then replay it immediatly and I wont get the error. I also try to put sand around the dish on the base to make it tighter against the groud and not allow for strong winds to move it.

If you are too far from home you will not get locals until you call directv and change your service address, sometimes that doesn't work if they are on the 119(mostly smaller cities)

We get our locals at home on 2, 4, and 8. And we get east coast and west coast and, NBC, etc on 399, 397, and down... the lower ones did not come in at all. The 399 was watchable but only if we put 399 in. Otherwise, it did not show on Guide. But i think that was because we may have had trees etc. Or maybe something else?

Do you get the local of where you are sitting?
Thanks...my old dish was pain to set up, but everything was there!!

Back
Top Bottom