Location on water pump in the house water system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CalebMills

I have a 2008 Adventurer 38T and I am not getting hot through the the system even though I have hot water in the heater and I checked everything except the pump.

Welcome to the forum.
Are you getting warm water or no water flow at all. Thinks to check.

If you are you getting no water flow at all on the hot water side at all the faucets it's probably this.
The check valve on the output line (top Pipe) has failed which is quite common. You'll need to gain access to the backside of the heater. Remove the top pipe then remove the fitting which is screwed into the tank. As a temporary fix, using a screwdriver, knock out the internals, then screw it back in with pipe dope. If you'll never need to winterize the RV, you can leave it that way.  These valves are available at Home Depot.

If you are getting water but it's not hot, make sure the water valves at the shower are turned off and not just at the spray wand. Also check the outside shower if you have one.

If you are getting water but it's cold, it's may be because your bypass valves are not positioned correctly.

If it is a check valve problem and you have them (there are two) replaced, spend a few extra bucks and have the check valves moved to an accessible area.  In my 2002 Adventurer the check valves originally required the water heater to be pulled for replacement but the original owner invested in having them relocated to an area near the pump and easily accessible for future replacement.  I was happy to see that but then I had wires to the heating element burn out which also required removal of the entire heater.  Can't do much about relocating those.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom