Transporting Cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butchiiii

Hello folks,
Has anyone every transported there cats in the carriers in the bed of
their pickup trucks? Mine usually ride inside my reg cab with the wife
and I when traveling but we are bringing another person along with us
this time and I don't think that is practical this trip. Please let me know
if anyone has done this.
Thanks
Butch

Hi! I have not done this, but I have thought about it when i had my cat. I think it depends on how long the trip is, how big the carrier is, and the temperament of your cat. If you had a very big crate and you could secure a litter box down for a longer trip it might be okay. I would personally cover the crate as well and just leave the bottom of one side open for air. Cats like dark spaces like that anyway, and I would say in comparison to a dog they aren't going to be super excited about sticking their head up into the wind lol. Good luck.

True about the heat. Maybe consider that as a factor as well. Also, is your cat skittish? It's really loud in the back of a pickup bed. You might open the cage to a full set of claws once you stop lol.

I would not do that unless an extreme necessity.  I'm confident the cat would survive if provided with some shade and shelter from the 60+ mph winds back there, but you are gonna have one very unhappy kitty. Maybe one who will refuse to ever get in a vehicle again. And enforce that refusal with tooth and claw!

Okay , the general consensus seems to be not to do it. That's what
I thought but wanted to check in here for advice.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom