Help adding shower/tub and grey water tank to horse trailer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Island Horseman

This is more of a plumbing question. I am in process of adding a shower/tub and grey water tank to my 4 horse trailer with living quarters. My grey water tank will be mounted directly under the tub. What issues will I experience if I let tub drain straight into the grey water tank with out a P trap?  Should I run a vent pipe up from tank and out through the roof while I am building my walls? Any ideas or suggestions are warmly welcome. Thanks Kenny

Big Island Horseman said:
This is more of a plumbing question. I am in process of adding a shower/tub and grey water tank to my 4 horse trailer with living quarters. My grey water tank will be mounted directly under the tub. What issues will I experience if I let tub drain straight into the grey water tank with out a P trap?  Should I run a vent pipe up from tank and out through the roof while I am building my walls? Any ideas or suggestions are warmly welcome. Thanks Kenny

Welcome to the forum Kenny.
Yes you'll need a trap unless you want smell that yucky stuff all the time. The vent will allow the tank to drain fast and let the smell out of the tank above the trailer so you should have one. Also the vent will stop the water while draining from sucking water out of the P trap.
There's another alternative then a P trap and it's called a HEPVO waterless trap. I have a couple in my RV and never had any issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDNh7lfcIYQ

Thanks so much Rene. The HepvO trap is really interesting and looks like it should be the fix for me since there will be a lot of time that the camper will not be used and the risk of P trap going dry is increased. I will look into the HepvO. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom