Montana bound...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSlam

Heading to Montana for the 1st time.
Coming in from the East side... I am in Manitoba but I will be heading into North Dakota and then to Montana

Any suggestions?
Any do's or don'ts?
Good places to camp?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

Eastern Montana is HOT and is more "badlands scenic".  Miles City (on I-94) has a nice KOA if you need a break.  I'm a lifelong resident and have lived in the east and the west - I would recommend getting to Central/Western Montana to spend your time.  If you go across the Hi Line (HWY 2 across the north) you will have to get past Havre to find some nice camping.  Lewistown in Central Montana is very pretty and there is a lot of dispersed camping in the Belt Mountains - west of Lewistown toward Great Falls.  For camping there go to the Lewis and Clark National Forest website.  If you're coming on the Interstate - get to Laurel (just past Billings) and head south to Red Lodge.  Or continue on toward Big Timber, Livingston, Bozeman.  For these areas go to the Custer-Gallatin National Forest Website.  Further West and you'll have to navigate some mountain passes - but Butte is very historical and Missoula is a great college town in the mountains.

Most of all - it's a HUGE state.  Take your time and enjoy our lack of Sales Tax!

Doing the trip now, just before Havre on 2 there is a campground looks like a old KOA.  Nice campground. All pull through and 50/30 Amp service. Big rig friendly. Hansen Family Campground. Going west on 2 as you pass Chinnock it is about 12 to 13 miles. We are in Glacier now and there appears to be some sites available in st Mary's KOA.

Weather was hot till we arrived in Glacier and now the WX is great.

Here till Sunday.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom