Help!!! Trailer Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

working on road

I have an issue with the lights on my FW. The trailer is a 7-pin connector that I have never seen and my truck has a 6 pin hook up. Does anybody have an idea what to do or have fun into this problem before?

working on road said:
I have an issue with the lights on my FW. The trailer is a 7-pin connector that I have never seen and my truck has a 6 pin hook up. Does anybody have an idea what to do or have fun into this problem before?

Are you sure?    HERE are examples.    If it is indeed true, HERE are converters -- about 2/3s of the way down the page.

I had to go from a 7-pin on my MH hitch to a 6-pin on my toad's towing accessory kit from Blue Ox.  I use a 7-to-6 converter at the MH hitch.

I went from 7 to 4  for my Jeep hookup.  Adaptors of all sorts in trailer sections of stores.

He's going the opposite way, from a 6 pin up to 7 for the trailer. Different than stepping down from 7 to 4 or 6. You can't manufacture a signal for a pin that isn't there. [lol]  The good news is that the extra pin on a 7 pin is an AUX (auxiliary), usually for either battery charging or back up lights on the trailer and not strictly necessary.

I don't recall ever seeing any adapter that goes from 6 pins UP to 7 pins, most likely because of the technical reason I noted above. I would recommend that you change the truck end to a standard 7 pin and use a 7--> 6 pin reducing adapter if you ever need to tow something with a 6 pin connector.

Sorry I miss read.    Neither have I Gary, but Sure wouldn't be difficult to wire one up.  After all 6 wires are there, you only have to run 1 new wire and adapt off the others.

Back
Top Bottom