Queen Bed to King

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vickiaa0529

Hi
We just bought a 2011 Adventurer. The floor plan is awful but I hope it's a good coach
The first thing I need to do is Change out the bed. Any ideas on how? I don't mind losing the nightstand s if they can come out. Also how hard is it to take out the Jackknife sofa?
Thanks 
Vicki

It's a 32H and the king was not an option
I love my husband but we can't sleep together
He's loud and I squirm. A king bed is really necessary
Yikes

The nightstands come out, as does the sofa. Neither is a big deal for any reasonably handy person. Hunt around for the screws/bolts that hold them in.

Whether there is room for a king bed in there is a matter of measuring what you got. Usually it's not difficult to put in a wider platform for the mattress once the night stands are gone.  If the bed is on a slide-out, the slide has to be wide enough to carry the wider bed. If the nightstands slide with the bed, it is. If not, probably no.

It can probably be done but it might take quite a bit of rework. I think your 'jackknife' bed is electrically extended or is it manual? Not only would you have to be concerned about cabinetry but the jackknife mechanism might need to be replaced.

Winnebago Owner Relations can furnish a diagram of the bedroom area to evaluate what can be moved or removed.

Another option would be to have a custom mattress made that is a bit wider but then you need to make some custom sheets. It might be relatively simple to make some side extensions to support a wider mattress.

And the best option is to replace your Adventurer for a floor plan with a king bed (or replace your spouse)  :D.

Oh, welcome aboard!

Looking at the floor plan, it appears you don't have the width in the slide. The nightstands are very minimal,especially in the slide. You need 8" per side to put in a king mattress.

Back
Top Bottom