Opportunity for Retired LEOs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsetti

If you are a retired LEO and would be interested in a volunteer position in Yosemite National Park next summer (April through September 2018) please contact me.

Yosemite National Park has a Desk Officer program that utilizes retired Law Enforcement Officers to assist the Law Enforcement Rangers in investigating minor motor vehicle accidents and updating the IMARS reporting system.  Lots of computer work is involved.

Our current schedule is 3 days on/6 days off (subject to change) with full hook-up RV site including propane and internet.

Spouses of the LEO are involved on the same schedule with the PSAR (Preventive Search and Rescue) program by talking with visitors at trailheads about hiking safety (training available).

Program is currently limited to 5 couples.

One of our people had to pull out for next summer so we have an opening if anyone is interested in the position.

Arch Hoagland said:
Smart idea using retired LEO's.

No kidding.  I interviewed for a host position there a couple of years ago.  Lady seemed more interested in how I handled drunks after quiet hours than whether or not I could clean bathrooms or campsites.

I have 2 sons that work in the valley.  One for NPS, and one for the concessionaire.  They both tell me all the time what a zoo it is there now.  Not at all like it was when I was a kid.

Nothing is like when we were kids.  The best part of "working" here is living IN the valley and not having to deal with the massive crowds to get in and out of the park.

anniemae said:
Nothing is like when we were kids.  The best part of "working" here is living IN the valley and not having to deal with the massive crowds to get in and out of the park.

Hey, Annie, sounds like you work there.  By any chance are you acquainted with either Jason Wingler or Andrew Crow?  Jason works in the valley(and is there over the winter), and last I heard, Andrew was up at Tuolumne Meadows before the season ended(currently headed home for the holidays).
I know, there's lots of people working there, but I'd love someone to walk up to one of them out of the blue and say, "your parents are keeping an eye on you."
Another of my sons was working in a restaurant in Arkansas when one of my on-line friends from a motorcycle group did that to him.  I was 400 miles away when I got the call from the kid wanting to know what was going on. Cracked me up.

Old Crow:  We left on Oct 29 and will be back on March 18.  Where does your son work?  The only Jason I know is with SAR (search and rescue).  Be glad to help you out.  I have three sons and anytime I can pull a fast one I take it.

I'll find out for sure.  They were both doing building maintenance for their respective employers, and Jason(who works for the concessionaire)will probably do that again next year.  He's the one that stayed through the winter this year.
Andrew, who now works for the park service had moved up to TM at the end of last season, and I'm not sure where he'll be next year.  He's trying to get into the Forestry part and out of cleaning bathrooms.

Back
Top Bottom