EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Opportunity for Retired LEOs  (Read 1391 times)

jsetti

• ---
  • Tranquility On the Move IV
Opportunity for Retired LEOs
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:17:05 AM »
If you are a retired LEO and would be interested in a volunteer position in Yosemite National Park next summer (April through September 2018) please contact me.

Yosemite National Park has a Desk Officer program that utilizes retired Law Enforcement Officers to assist the Law Enforcement Rangers in investigating minor motor vehicle accidents and updating the IMARS reporting system.  Lots of computer work is involved.

Our current schedule is 3 days on/6 days off (subject to change) with full hook-up RV site including propane and internet.

Spouses of the LEO are involved on the same schedule with the PSAR (Preventive Search and Rescue) program by talking with visitors at trailheads about hiking safety (training available).

Program is currently limited to 5 couples.

Jean Corsetti
Full-Timer with DH Steve and
Fur Babies Annie & Max
2010 Monaco Diplomat 42SKQ

jsetti

• ---
  • Tranquility On the Move IV
Re: Opportunity for Retired LEOs
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 04:30:48 AM »
One of our people had to pull out for next summer so we have an opening if anyone is interested in the position.
Jean Corsetti
Full-Timer with DH Steve and
Fur Babies Annie & Max
2010 Monaco Diplomat 42SKQ

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »
Smart idea using retired LEO's. 
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 80,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Former USAF F-4 crew chief
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 09:01:57 AM »
Smart idea using retired LEO's.

No kidding.  I interviewed for a host position there a couple of years ago.  Lady seemed more interested in how I handled drunks after quiet hours than whether or not I could clean bathrooms or campsites.

I have 2 sons that work in the valley.  One for NPS, and one for the concessionaire.  They both tell me all the time what a zoo it is there now.  Not at all like it was when I was a kid.
Wally Crow
Retired 30 year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 10:44:55 AM »
Hi Jean, PM sent.
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2018
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

anniemae

• ---
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 06:22:42 AM »
Nothing is like when we were kids.  The best part of "working" here is living IN the valley and not having to deal with the massive crowds to get in and out of the park.

Old_Crow

• ---
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 09:43:51 AM »
Nothing is like when we were kids.  The best part of "working" here is living IN the valley and not having to deal with the massive crowds to get in and out of the park.

Hey, Annie, sounds like you work there.  By any chance are you acquainted with either Jason Wingler or Andrew Crow?  Jason works in the valley(and is there over the winter), and last I heard, Andrew was up at Tuolumne Meadows before the season ended(currently headed home for the holidays).
I know, there's lots of people working there, but I'd love someone to walk up to one of them out of the blue and say, "your parents are keeping an eye on you."
Another of my sons was working in a restaurant in Arkansas when one of my on-line friends from a motorcycle group did that to him.  I was 400 miles away when I got the call from the kid wanting to know what was going on. Cracked me up.
Wally Crow
Y2K Bounder 36S F53
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

anniemae

• ---
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 07:49:11 AM »
Old Crow:  We left on Oct 29 and will be back on March 18.  Where does your son work?  The only Jason I know is with SAR (search and rescue).  Be glad to help you out.  I have three sons and anytime I can pull a fast one I take it.

Old_Crow

• ---
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »
I'll find out for sure.  They were both doing building maintenance for their respective employers, and Jason(who works for the concessionaire)will probably do that again next year.  He's the one that stayed through the winter this year.
Andrew, who now works for the park service had moved up to TM at the end of last season, and I'm not sure where he'll be next year.  He's trying to get into the Forestry part and out of cleaning bathrooms.
Wally Crow
Y2K Bounder 36S F53
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Hosted by Over The Network