How does your sheltie travel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarshHawk

Sheltie!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ How does he/she do traveling to new places? My dear beloved shelties have crossed the rainbow bridge, before I bought my TT.  My prima Donna, Isabel, would have hated it! Dirt? I'm not walking in dirt! Aren't there sidewalks? And.. I'm going to bark at this new picture on the wall every day for the next two weeks, because it wasn't there yesterday. She did not like new things! But the best dogs ever! IMHO

MarshHawk said:
Sheltie!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ How does he/she do traveling to new places? My dear beloved shelties have crossed the rainbow bridge, before I bought my TT.  My prima Donna, Isabel, would have hated it! Dirt? I'm not walking in dirt! Aren't there sidewalks? And.. I'm going to bark at this new picture on the wall every day for the next two weeks, because it wasn't there yesterday. She did not like new things! But the best dogs ever! IMHO

Our 17 year old Shih Tzu passed in February.  In mid June we bought a new Shi Tzu puppy because of all the traits we had seen in our old girl Heidi.  But Winnie (yes she is named for Winnebago) is a totally different creature.  Same breed but nothing else is the same including temperament or ease of house training. After having her a month we are finally beginning to see some improvement in what we have been trying to train her to do.  But for older folks (77 & 73) a  new puppy can be a challenge - especially in sleep hours.....lol

Bill

Our 14 yr old Sheltie will be traveling with us in another three weeks. He's getting pretty bad arthritis in his hips, so we'll have to help him down the ramp we put up on our steps, while our 15 month old Collie pup will be bounding in and out without a problem. We weren't sure if Laddie was going to make this trip a few months ago when he got a serious UTI, but his will to live proved very strong and he's ready to go. He will lay in the floor or on the doghouse while I drive, only getting up to let us know when it's time to go potty. Now that he is completely incontinent and has to wear diapers all the time, I suspect those stops will be less frequent. Our Collie can go for hours without a problem, so I think the limiting factor on this trip for how long we can travel will be our own bladders. Laddie is the perfect travel companion; never barks, stays out of the way, and only asks for some love and affection and to be fed the same time every evening. We have left him in the coach for as long as eight hours by himself without a single problem.

Great post John Stephens and the love for a pet is never forgotten.  Our Heidi lived the last 5 years of her life deaf and blind but, thankfully, not incontinent.  After a bit, it became totally natural to pick her up and down for entry and exit to the coach but she still had trust in her to take walks with her leash and she still had her nose to tell her of her surroundings.  When she did have her vision she loved to ride in the wife's lap and look at herself in the outside mirror.  It is nice to share these kind of stories on the RV Forum with many who understand completely how we feel.

Bill

Thank you, Bill. Us Missourians have to stick together. And if you're a dog lover, you know the feeling. If not, you'll never understand.

We're dog lovers.  We have lost pets and suffered the heartbreak.  But what does this conversation have to do with the subject line "Re: Do you visit the RV forum?"  Did we get a little thread disjointed somewhere along the line?

[quote author=Tom and Margi]... what does this conversation have to do with the subject line...[/quote]

Margi, I split these messages from another topic and thought I'd changed the subject line. Got it fixed.

Tom said:
Margi, I split these messages from another topic and thought I'd changed the subject line. Got it fixed.

Well, dang Tom!  You've kept all of us on the straight and narrow for the last 20+ years, I guess we can cut you a little slack.  Thanks for all you do and for all the staff does behind the scenes for ZERO compensation except for our sincere appreciation. 

MarshHawk said:
I'm sorry...getting off topic was my fault. I saw "Sheltie" and just went off without thinking. ?

We've all done that ... me more than just about anyone else after all these years.  And I'll probably do it again soon.  ;D

Thanks so much Tom and I like how you did not just discard the off topic replies.  I am on quite a few boards with varying topics but most of them tend to drift off topic at times.  I appreciate that you made a whole new thread out of it

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom