Has anyone used Flex Seal on their roof?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

73Camper

https://www.target.com/p/as-seen-on-tv-174-flex-seal-liquid-16oz-clear/-/A-51393559?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Kitchen+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Kitchen_OXO&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9028453&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhrzLBRC3ARIsAPmhsnWUx5N_MVgdENeezNPd8jJFIFb6jX3jrxOw-NnZOqyvQrTtvdydascaAjp5EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have a few small leaks and need a fast and easy way to fix them. Thanks Chris

Dicor lap sealant would do a better job for you. There's two kinds, non-self leveling, goes on somewhat like regular caulk, and self leveling that is what you're looking at on the roof from the factory. I certainly wouldn't use flex seal.

I'm with Rene. Roof sealants need to be looked at, not only for their durability and ability to seal well, but also for future maintenance. Dicor is at the top of the pack in all of those areas. I really don't know how well Flex Seal will hold up over time, or how easy it will be to work with after it's been on an RV's roof for a couple of years.

Kev

Do you have an EPDM rubber roof?  If so, Dicor sealant or equivalent is what you want to use on it.

The Flex Seal Liquid MSDS sheet says it's primarily petroleum asphalt and crumb rubber with petroleum distillates.  No mention of silicone, which is what would prevent anything else sticking to the site in the future.

Petroleum products attack the EPDM membrane and the manufacturer specifically warns against using anything containing petroleum distillates on it.

The Dicor sealants do not contain petroleum distillates.

Hammster said:

For all the reasons stated above, and the fact that I've never read anything really good about it. From what I've gathered, the best thing about flex seal is their marketing.

kdbgoat said:
For all the reasons stated above, and the fact that I've never read anything really good about it.

What do you mean. They cut a boat in half and taped it back together. So it must be good.  :eek: ::) ;D :D

The problem with FlexSeal is that you have to talk really loud when you have it.  Could annoy your neighbors after a while.... ;D

blw2 said:
The problem with FlexSeal is that you have to talk really loud when you have it.  Could annoy your neighbors after a while.... ;D

Now that's funny.

We've used flex seal tape in the shower in our house and it works fine. I carry the tape discussed in this thread for our roof if the need arises.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom