Order parts direct from Winnebago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
We're still at the Grand National Rally and I attended my first seminar of the rally today (been to most of them through the years) about sealants from the main WGO guy who specifies sealant use. Anyway it was mentioned (to my surprise) anybody can call (or email Winnebago parts for parts questions) and order direct and have it shipped direct to you. I always learn something!

I see this especially valuable if you are on the road and not near a dealer or you are on the road and need a part sent ahead to your next destination.

However, please, please, please use your local dealer if possible - you will probably avoid shipping charges and you will be paying the same price from the dealer as you would from Winnebago.

The parts number is 641.585.6395 or email [email protected] for parts questions.  And of course the other excellent option for ordering parts is Lichtsinn in Forest City.  Again, please use your local dealer for parts if possible!

RE my search for a replacement ram for my rear slide. As I mentioned, I cant get HWH to call me back, and I noticed Winnebago has a part number for the ram, so I thought..I'll call them and order one...news flash..Winnie told me they can no longer sell HWH parts retail! So if you need an HWH part on your Winnebago, forget ordering it through Winnie parts...I'm getting irritated!!

Did you fill out the Parts request online with HWH or drop them an email?  Often I get answers that way when phone calls do not work.  Small office staff there that is for sure.

casualemt said:
RE my search for a replacement ram for my rear slide. As I mentioned, I cant get HWH to call me back, and I noticed Winnebago has a part number for the ram, so I thought..I'll call them and order one...news flash..Winnie told me they can no longer sell HWH parts retail! So if you need an HWH part on your Winnebago, forget ordering it through Winnie parts...I'm getting irritated!!
HWH won't even let Winnebago stock parts for use by Winnebago factory service!

John Canfield said:
HWH won't even let Winnebago stock parts for use by Winnebago factory service!
John, Is Winnebago even still using HWH products (slides/jacks)? I had a component replaced by a local dealer but they dealt directly with HWH to get parts.  Unfortunately they also trashed a cylinder that I could have sent in for credit.

Bill - yes, they are still using HWH at least for the large Class A's.  I know one reason WGO would like to stock HWH parts is a hedge if HWH ever goes out of business. Hopefully their business is doing well and will be around for a long, long time.

Winnebago had a tractor trailer load of parts ordered from SCS Frigdette that never got shipped due to SCS filing bankruptcy which caused quite a scramble for alternates.

John Canfield said:
Bill - yes, they are still using HWH at least for the large Class A's.  I know one reason WGO would like to stock HWH parts is a hedge if HWH ever goes out of business. Hopefully their business is doing well and will be around for a long, long time.

Winnebago had a tractor trailer load of parts ordered from SCS Frigdette that never got shipped due to SCS filing bankruptcy which caused quite a scramble for alternates.

Food for thought - my mechanic has had to order solenoids from HWH twice in the past couple of years. The first time, it took six weeks to get two valves for the bedroom slide because they had to make them - none in stock. The second time was this past month. We waited for three weeks for them to send one valve for a leveling jack, and this time, they had them in stock.

My point is - give yourself plenty of time if ordering from them. If you're in a hurry, you may have to go somewhere else. It seems they don't like keeping a large supply of their own product on hand and tend to make the parts as needed.

Carrying inventory is tying up capital,  auto makers worked with suppliers to supply parts for the assembly lines 'just in time' many years ago.

I have had very good response from Stuarts Services, please contact them if you need parts etc.

HWH Parts and Service
Stuarts Service CHUCK
RV Leveling Systems
2990 County Rd, 6 West
Elkhart,Indiana  46514    CHUCK
800-826-6267 574-262-0225
HWH systems parts

John Canfield said:
Bill - yes, they are still using HWH at least for the large Class A's. 
I haven't seen anything HWH for a while on the larger pushers.  Freightliner suspension, LCI Schwintek or LCI Powergear slides and jacks.  Does HWH make other things I'm not seeing?

John Canfield said:
Carrying inventory is tying up capital,  auto makers worked with suppliers to supply parts for the assembly lines 'just in time' many years ago.

Your point is well taken. However, customer service is also important if a company wants to remain in business, and not having the stock of the parts they make for six weeks is considered unacceptable by most people. Unfortunately, they have a relative captive market and can get away with it until the next time to buy a coach when the purchaser makes a note to not buy one with HWH parts.

John Stephens said:
Your point is well taken. However, customer service is also important if a company wants to remain in business, and not having the stock of the parts they make for six weeks is considered unacceptable by most
I'm not implying I agree with making replacing parts as demand requires, just stating that carrying inventory is a business expense to be managed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom