EMS troubleshooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timjet

I have a 50 amp Smart Energy Management System Model 800. It has been working normally until yesterday. We were camped at a site with 30 amp service and the unit was working normally until I started the generator. Once the generator was connected, the Refrigerator and Water Heater circuits were shed. I checked all circuit breakers and they are fine, not tripped. This is not normal as the generator can supply all loads. I turned the generator off as our purpose for starting it was to power the refrigerator while we were traveling.  I confirmed the refrigerator was not working on AC power. We traveled to a new campsite with 50 amp service. I connected power, the EMS panel showed 50 amps, but once again the EMS display panel shows the Refrigerator and Water Heater circuits shed. All other circuits including the air conditioners are fine. I?m currently using propane to power the water heater and refrigerator. 
Any Ideas?

Occasionally the circuit board in the Intelletec EMS goes whacky and leave some circuits without power.  It can be reset by removing 12v power for 15-20 seconds. In most RVs this can be accomplished using the Battery Disconnect switch, but otherwise you have to pull disconnect the 12v power wire at the back of the EMS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom