Problems w/Kwikee Level Best Jacks, 2006 Winnebago Sightseer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AStravelers

Problems w/Kwikee Level Best Jacks, 2006 Winnebago Sightseer

My Kwikee Level Best Jacks don?t work in pairs the way they are supposed to. 

These hydraulic jacks, when manually operated, should lift in pairs depending on if you press the button for the front, rear, right or left pairs.  When one jack reaches the ground it should not lift the RV, until the second jack of the pair is under load.  Once both jacks are under load the jacks should lift the RV evenly.

What happens is when one jack reaches the ground it continue to lift that corner while the second jack of the pair is still extending to the ground.  This causes the frame to twist until the second jack touches the ground and starts to lift the RV

Does anyone know what to look for to solve this problem? 

I assume there is some sort of proportioning valve which is not working.  This problem happens no matter which pair of jacks I select to level.

Is there factory service for these jacks.  Or does anyone know of a RV service facility which has experience with hydraulic jacks?

I have several cracks in my windshield which I believe is caused by the twisting of the frame while leveling. 

This is not a new problem.  I have owned this RV for 3 years and the jacks have always worked this way. 

I had an RV with HWH jacks and they worked perfectly.

Wow, you never want only one jack pushing on the ground, you will rack the frame as you discovered. Winnebago factory service can work on them, don't know about any other dealer offhand.

Yes, I am leaning on going to the Winnebago Factory service. 

I was hoping against hope, someone might have some experience with hydraulic levelers and provide some insight suggestions for repair. 

Al, kwikee is owned by LCI. I Googled "kwikee level best 3000" and came up with the following link. I think you'll find some help in these docs.

https://www.lci1.com/kwikee?-leveling-system

I hope it helps.

Please let us know what you find. I have the exact same problem with the leveling system in my Winnebago. (Kwikee Level-Best)

Usually, run the jacks down in pairs, one jack hit ground and starts to lift, other jack in the pair is still 3-4 inches above ground...or more.

I suspect that's what caused the frame twist that caused my slide-out issue this past spring.

I am not sure when I will try to resolve this problem.  When I get back to our stick house this fall I may take the MH to a RV service place I have confidence in, then see what they can do. 

Mean while I follow this procedure:
--  level the right or left side pair, whichever is lower.  The front jack almost always seems to hit the ground first.
--  Lower the other side pair until the jack hits the ground.
--  Press the rear jack pair switch until I see a rear corner start to lift.
--  Finish leveling and getting the last jack on the ground. 

I don't try to perfectly level the MH.  However I am usually within 1/8 bubble on my level I put on a counter top. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom